You will need:
- a black velvet headband
- 15 – 20 assorted ceramic roses (or search “ceramic roses” on Etsy or eBay)
- 8 – 10 assorted faux pearls(last seen here)
- 40 – 50 assorted pre-set rhinestones(last seen here)
- a disposable container or popsicle stick
- a handful of toothpicks
- E6000 glue or Hot Glue
How to Make a Dolce & Gabbana Tiara
- Squeezing a small amount of E6000 into a disposable container or onto a wooden popsicle stick. I like to use a small amount at a time, as the glue tends to try quickly. Using the tip of a toothpick, apply a dollop of glue onto the back of the largest ceramic rose.
- Press the ceramic bead in the center of the headband. Hold in place, for about a minute, until the glue sets. It’s best to start in the center with the largest ceramic flowers and rhinestones, and then gradually add smaller adornments down the middle of the headband.
- Continue adding beads and rhinestones along the middle. Then, add pearls and ceramic beads to the outer rows starting with larger pieces in the center.
- Create a pattern, alternating flowers and pearls.
- Continue gluing pieces to the headband . . .
- Have fun with the pattern – it doesn’t have to be symmetrical. There is no right or wrong way to do this!
- Glue some of the extra ceramic flowers onto brass hardware to make a pair of earrings!
More info and tips can be found at Honestly…WTF.